What’s The Bicentennial Buzz?
Report from the Trinity 1821 Bicentennial Committee
Slogan: Ringing In the Bicentennial
June 17, 2020
Fellow Parishioners, we’ve been busy as bees! So, we thought you would like to hear what is planned so far and put some special dates on your 2021 calendar.
Way back in October of 2019 many of you came out to offer suggestions for Bicentennial events and programs. And now the Committee meets monthly to look over those ideas and see how we can carry them out as part of the 1821 celebration. We are still offering fun-filled opportunities for more parishioners to help with planning and coordination. This is a big birthday for Trinity, and we want everyone to come to the party.
Our meetings are currently being held monthly at 7:00 by Zoom on the third Tuesday of each month. Please call Nancy Birchall at 904-392-6229 for the link to join us.
Now, here’s what’s happening along with the proposed dates and a bit of info about each event:
- Ongoing – Archive Angels are organizing our historic documents and papers with plan to digitize them for safe keeping.
- Ongoing – Plan to create a video series about parishioners through the years and important events in Trinity’s history to be posted on the Website.
- Ongoing – A fundraiser is being organized to raise money to make our historic 1842 bell operable so we can “Ring In” a new chapter of Trinity’s love for God and our community.
- TBD – Speakers series featuring fastening topics and presenters informing us about the church history and our community.
- December 3 – Trinity Float in the 2020 Christmas Parade announcing our Bicentennial.
- January 3 – Bicentennial Kick-Off Sunday
- January – December – Trinity Tidbits about life at Trinity through the years to be presented at each Sunday service.
- January-December – Andrew Fowler (Trinity’s founder from Charleston, SC) will be portrayed and available to tell our story at various functions and civic meetings.
- February – An evening with Lee Weaver as The Witness.
- April 4 -Hats Off to a Glorious Easter! Ladies of all ages will be encouraged to have hats “on” as a salute to the 1821 custom.
- April 17 – Diocesan Daughters of the King Spring Conference hosted by Trinity.
- May 8 – Elegant Spring Ladies Tea – A gift to Trinity ladies of all ages from St. Catherine’s Guild.
- June 13 – An old-fashioned Founders Day Social with food and fun for all.
- October 15-17 – Grand Gala Bicentennial Celebration with surprises of all kinds.
- November 10 – Celebrate America patriotic service honoring our veterans. This year will be the 13th year Trinity has offered this tribute to our community.
- December 24 after the Christmas Eve service – We will have a brief ceremony to place our carefully filled Trinity Time Capsule to be opened in 2046! Be thinking of things to go in it…
- Now if anything specifically “whets your whistle” and you want to help in that area, please email Nancy Birchall. Remember, also, we have even more on the docket and are waiting for other Trinity associated groups to tell us what they want to do and when.
We are Trinity Parish…Florida’s oldest Episcopal Parish.
God bless us all as we gear up for Joyful Fun in 2021.