1821 – 2021
Slogan: Ringing In the Bicentennial
- January 3 – Bicentennial Kick-Off Sunday
- January – December – Trinity Tidbits about life at Trinity through the years to be presented at each Sunday service.
- January-December – Andrew Fowler (Trinity’s founder from Charleston, SC) will be portrayed and available to tell our story at various functions and civic meetings.
- February – An evening with Lee Weaver as The Witness.
- April 4 -Hats Off to a Glorious Easter! Ladies of all ages will be encouraged to have hats “on” as a salute to the 1821 custom.
- April 17 – Diocesan Daughters of the King Spring Conference hosted by Trinity.
- May 8 – Elegant Spring Ladies Tea – A gift to Trinity ladies of all ages from St. Catherine’s Guild
- June 26 – Church Social.
- October 15-17 – Grand Gala Bicentennial Celebration with surprises of all kinds.
- November 10 – Celebrate America patriotic service honoring our veterans. This year will be the 13th year Trinity has offered this tribute to our community.
- December 24 after the Christmas Eve service – We will have a brief ceremony to place our carefully filled Trinity Time Capsule to be opened in 2046! Be thinking of things to go in it…
- Now if anything specifically “whets your whistle” and you want to help in that area, please email Nancy Birchall. Remember, also, we have even more on the docket and are waiting for other Trinity associated groups to tell us what they want to do and when.
We are Trinity Parish…Florida’s oldest Episcopal Parish.
God bless us all as we gear up for Joyful Fun in 2021.
For those of you who have not had the opportunity to be inside the church recently, due to the “virus”, transformation of the lobby cabinet into our Bi-Centennial “Time Capsule” is progressing. Glass has replaced the original door panel, which has been saved to become the front of the “Capsule” containment box, for a more cohesive look with the exterior. There is already a lock on the cabinet door and the interior is lit. The interior measurements of the cabinet itself are 12” deep, 28” wide and 71” high. The containment box will be constructed to fit within these measurements. A brass plaque will be placed on the front of the containment box, indicating the placement date of December 25, 2021 and an opening date in 2046.
Attention All Trinity Ministries
We are inviting each Trinity ministry to design and produce a unique and creative representation of their ministry as of 2021 for inclusion in the Bicentennial Time Capsule. The Time Capsule will be opened in 2046. Think about something that would be engaging for you to discover in a Time Capsule from 25 years ago. All of the submissions must fit in a capsule that measures approximately 60” tall, 24” wide and 10” deep. Note that your plan (description of your submission) must be submitted for approval by March 31, 2021.
Timeline for submissions:
Jan thru Mar. 31, 2021
Ministries submit their suggestions in writing to the committee for review.
April thru June 30, 2021)
Committee review, approval and notification regarding submissions.
July thru October 30, 2021)
Submissions will be physically presented in final form to the committee.
Nov. 21, 2021
Submissions will be displayed at the Thanksgiving Dinner for the congregation to view prior to placement in the Time Capsule.
Dec. 24/25, 2021
Placement ceremony of our “Time Capsule” after the 11pm Christmas Eve Service.
Stay tuned for other opportunities to participate in this project!
If you need ideas, or have any questions, please email Leslie Wilson: TCH1706@gmail.com.